Full property management
"After having problems with two consecutive tenants, I decided to seek professional management. I was referred to Riviera 8 years ago. Since they took over, I sometimes forget I even have a rental property. They handle everything for me and I've only had one turn-over! I would never manage myself again."
Susan - Pacific Beach
37 years of experience and advanced software systems combine to ensure quality control in all aspects of our clients' real estate needs. As a property management client you can relax and enjoy knowing that your property is in good hands. The following services are provided in our Full Property Management Program:
- Marketing - Riviera's extensive marketing provides maximum property exposure. Wide angle interior and exterior photos are taken to highlight all the features of the property. Prospective residents will find your property marketed on over 50 popular rental websites including Craigslist, Zillow and Trulia. We commonly post over 30 images and full property details online for prospective residents to get a good feel for the home before ever stepping foot inside. A professional sign is also installed at the property, where allowed. Your property is shown by appointment with Riviera representatives exclusively. Your home will NEVER be left unlocked or toured without a Riviera representative present.
- Applicant Screening - Our careful resident selection is the key to successful property management. Riviera utilizes credit reporting agencies to thoroughly screen each applicant and requires a positive credit history. Current employment and previous landlord references are verified. Riviera also has a public records search done covering 50 states to discover if any applicant has a prior eviction history.
- Rental Agreement & Lease Preparation - Riviera's customized lease incorporates current legal requirements, premise usage, and H.O.A. restrictions. Complete digital photo documentation of the unit's condition is captured prior to residents moving in. Digital copies are given to both the owner and resident. A key agreement and move-in/move-out checklist is also processed.
- Rent / Deposit Collection - Riviera collects all rents and security deposits. We offer residents the ease of automated online payments or payment via traditional methods. We manage turnover charges and security deposit disbursements.
- Owner Payments / Proceeds - Riviera can make all payments applicable to the property. These payments include: mortgage payment, property taxes, insurance, utility bills, HOA fees and recurring service contracts. Monthly statements are furnished providing itemized receipts and disbursements. Proceeds are direct deposited into your account. Year-end tax statements are provided as required by the IRS including: 1099's, non-resident taxes etc. Additionally, owners have an online portal to access all prior monthly statements and year end tax statements on demand.
- Maintenance / 24 Hour Emergency Response - Riviera handles the inspection, scheduling and supervision of all routine maintenance needs. We take pride in our portfolio and conduct annual inspections inside and out to insure your investment remains in top condition. We additionally provide recommendations to improve the appearance and marketability of each property. Our established network of professional subcontractors can handle any repairs needed and are on call to respond 24 hours a day should a problem arise.
- Roommate Substitutions - It's not uncommon to have one roommate move out and another move in. Riviera has a complete process in place to insure new residents are properly qualified, approved, and added to the lease before taking posession.
- Turn-over improvements and repairs - If your residents choose to move, Riviera will coordinate and schedule all vendors and trades neeeded to prepare your home for the next residents. With the numerous trades we have in place and the volume discounts we receive, we can prepare your home quickly and cost effectively.